Sign in to follow this  
Martinsville Daily

Merry Christmas to everyone here at MartinsvilleChat!

That's right superman. For the last eight years we were told that saying "Merry Christmas" was a bad thing.

I'm curious. How old is "officially old?"

When you think jogging pants can double as dress slacks?

Jogging pants can only be considered dress slacks after the age of 72 and only at family functions. This is from Al Bundy's School Of Etiquette.

However - if you have consumed too much alcohol - following the rules is only a suggestion.

Jogging pants can only be considered dress slacks after the age of 72 and only at family functions. This is from Al Bundy's School Of Etiquette.

However - if you have consumed too much alcohol - following the rules is only a suggestion.

So, that means that once you're your past 72, then you're officially old, right?  ;D

I'm curious. How old is "officially old?"

Ehhh....probably after you celebrate the "10th Anniversary of your 21st Birthday".

72 doesn't mean you're old - it just means you don't have to care what people think. Oh no! That means Johnny Rotten was 72 years old in 1977 - "I wanna Be Anarchy!"

Personally, having gained weight and not interested in replacing my wardrobe I find pajama pants and the notion of wearing them in public an attractive option. I have even done so. I was given pause when I wore them at home when my son and daughter from Atlanta came home to visit over Thanksgiving and my daughter told me she would have thought I could have at least put some pants on! Then I read this:

If you’re a grown-up person who has not recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder, and you’ve gone out in public in your pajamas, you need to know two things. First of all, you look like an idiot, and secondly, stop doing this. Immediately.

I still haven't given up the idea.