Sign in to follow this  
Martinsville Daily

WHEE

We had a component failure in our transmitter today just after noon. Parts have been ordered from a supplier in California. Assuming all goes well, we hope to be back on the air late Wednesday. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Everyone. WHEE is currently off the air due to a multiple component failure at our transmitter this morning at 8:10 AM. We currently estimate restoration by tomorrow afternoon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Needless to say, the power outage in the city last night knocked us off the air. I'm told it was a blown transformer on Windsor Lane. Power jolts during power outages has a bad tendency to damage sensitive electronics. Glad to report today it looks like everything is ok.

About 12:30 last night our studio audio link with CenturyLink went down at the transmitter site. I checked again at 2:30 this morning and it was still out. Was expecting to have to get on the phone with CenturyLink and go that route with them today to get someone down there to fix it. I was pleasantly surprised to find it back up and online at sign on this morning, so everything was ok.

Props go to the City's MiNet Department! Our fiber connection at Chatham Heights went down Sunday around 5 PM. I called the number and Mike answered. He was out of town, but available to answer calls. He notified the tech on duty and within the hour it was back up. The tech called me and said he found a breaker that had tripped at the ball field down the road. He reset the breaker and all was well. This would not have been resolved so quickly if it had been Comcast or CenturyLink and is the strongest selling point they have. Our MiNet fiber has been the most solid, reliable service we've had - period - and the service is beyond compare.

Bill I was listening to the coffee break on 1450 on 1/16 and it was very hard to hear the callers calling in. The host and guest seemed to be micd very well, but the callers were really low. Just an FYI

Yep. Thanks for noticing! "Dan the Man" was using the mic used to mic the callers and the caller audio was coming off the back end of Jessie's mic. She's supposed to cover the caller with her mic, but she forgot and I didn't remind her. Producer's fault. The new studio is being wired so the call-in line will have it's own dedicated pot on the mixer like it used to be.

Yep. Thanks for noticing! "Dan the Man" was using the mic used to mic the callers and the caller audio was coming off the back end of Jessie's mic. She's supposed to cover the caller with her mic, but she forgot and I didn't remind her. Producer's fault. The new studio is being wired so the call-in line will have it's own dedicated pot on the mixer like it used to be.

makes sense. good to know!

I'm sorry to hear that. He's my personal favorite of the new bunch. Commentary, yes, but propaganda? I think he's one of the most cerebral radio talk show hosts out there. Doesn't play on emotion, but on logic and reasoning. You must be Pentecostal LP. lol - just kidding!  8) :o

It's not factual at all. I feel like in listening to the religious version of rush. The whole segment yesterday I heard was about this study that 25% of millennial men think asking a girl out for a drink could be a form of sexual harassment. He then spends the rest of his time telling what's good about his generation and what's wrong with this one without providing evidence or facts saying this number is higher or lower that it has been previously. It's like this daily.

I just wanted to give some feedback. I think this is the first negative response I've had about your programing. Everything else is great.

Ah.... you were listening to Prager's "Happiness Hour." It's ok if you don't like it. I don't expect everyone to like everything we carry all the time, but you're trying to make it something it's not. Prager was asked to write a column for McCalls magazine one time and the "Happiness Hour" grew out of that. It's not intended to be a dissemination of the facts, it's an advice hour - Prager offering his advice to listeners. It's one of the most popular things he does. And you are right, God, faith, and country. It has an overriding tone of Christianity.

I always love to hear what people like about what we do, but even more important, I like to what what people don't like. I appreciate you taking the time to share here. I'm grateful to you for it!