Sign in to follow this  
Martinsville Daily

The new forum has crashed

Got up this morning and I was getting all kinds of alerts from the server that there was a corrupted database. The new forum turned out to be the culprit. Folks, it's a mess. Looks like an overturned turkey truck on 220 at Draper's Florist. Not sure if I'm going to be able to mend it back. What's more, I have no idea what happened.

so, i'm guessing we back up to Nov. 27th.  Sorry it happened Bill....but thank you for putting up with the headaches so we can cause each other additional headaches. 

Oh wow! Well, have to say, I really like this one better.

I skinned it for the season skinsguy! lol

I'm not happy about losing the posts for the past 2 weeks, but right now it would appear that's what's going to happen. I'm still running diagnostics and repair routines but not making much headway. I should be totally honest here... there is nothing about this that can't be fixed, it's just the time involved to do it.

I have a lot of posts in those two weeks and I say let them remain in cyberspace oblivion. I am grateful for the Forum and I can't see that it's worth your time to recover them, least of all at this time of year. Those of us who are active have already read them and are moving on. If some item is especially important, it can be reposted. I am sure the items people are offering for sale are important to recover, but other posts--I speak for mine alone, of course, not so much.

1) Updated the forum software and was able to install the original skin like it used to be. The update fixes some bugs and upgrades some security issues.

2) Added an auto-embed feature so that all valid and available links posted will be converted to embedded videos automatically.

3) I've also added a few advertisements to help pay for the costs associated with the forum. Please click through these ads when you see something you're interested in. Every little bit helps.

4) Please encourage a friend to join us here. The viability of this site increases greatly when there is a higher level of activity... and don't forget to be a regular contributor! Your participation is vital to our online community here.

5) Please let me know if you have any suggestions about how to make the experience here better!